MANAGED PRINT SERVICES (MPS)
Powerland is proud to introduce our new Managed Print Services Program through our partnership with HP. This program involves working closely with your IT department, to help reduce IT’s involvement in managing printer related problems.
Not only will this reduce costs and amplify service, but can also provide a centrally managed auto-toner replenishment service to reduce overspending and waste – with no CPP requirement or minimums.
Our sophisticated software allows us to troubleshoot and prepare ourselves for any onsite service call, providing a one-time fix, which drastically reduces downtime. We provide this service though HP Care Packs or Break/Fix (time and materials) at $75 per hour.
WHY SWITCH TO POWERLAND MPS?
Our goal is to help you, if you so choose, eliminate extraneous costs produced by high TCO printers and replace them with lower TCO printers/ and or Multifunction Devices. In accepting this offer, you are choosing to increase your productivity and reduce your Total Cost of Ownership. The only requirement is signing a minimum One Year Agreement, with the commitment to purchase HP OEM Toner for the devices on the program.
Powerland can provide an automated tracking and reporting system that will allow you to account for all devices and related operating costs associated. This will allow for accountability within each department.
MPS WILL ENABLE YOU TO STREAMLINE:
- Supply ordering of original OEM supplies assuring consistent, high quality, cost effective imaging
- Service consumables management
- Proactive Service and Break Fix
- Preventative maintenance
- Life Cycle Management
POWERLAND CAN ALSO PROVIDE:
- Assessment services that incorporate automated data collection tools to determine device populations, locations and volumes combined with total cost of ownership analysis
- Acquisition collaboration with Powerland and the organization’s procurement department to determine the best of show technology.
- Life cycle management including deployment optimization, tracking and reporting, ongoing assessment and device recycling upon refresh.
In between these two approaches is the placement of newly acquired print devices on the all-inclusive contract including the device acquisition, services and consumables.